Sarah Michelle Gellar shared her best parenting advice ever as she showed up at the CBS Upfront event for her new comedy series, The Crazy Ones, in New York City. When it comes to her parenting style, the Vampire Slayer actress said she likes to keep it simple, Us magazine reported. The mom of two told the publication that her parenting tip is not too original but it works. The 36-year-old ...
King's County Bar in Brooklyn, New York is set to host the first ever 'Smallest Penis Contest', on July 20. According to an advertisement on Craigslist, the contest invites 'less endowed men' who can prove that 'good things can come in small packages,' the Huffington Post reported. The 'pageant style' contest would involve 'talent, evening wear, and swimsuit elements.' A 'small member expert ...
A suspected American drone attack has reportedly killed four Al Qaeda militants in the southern province of Yemen according to security officials. A fight between Yemeni forces and Al Qaeda in Abyan province last year had drove away militants from several cities that the outfit had ruled over for a brief period in 2011, Fox News reports. According to some security officials, the attack took ...
Radio host Pete Santilli has made shocking comments about former First Lady Hillary Clinton, claiming that she should be shot in the vagina for her involvement in the killings of US troops. He hosts a show on his website, but said that he is ready to take his show to national syndication but only if the FCC regulated AM/FM radio stations can handle his truth and honesty. Santilli said that ...
Actress Rooney Mara has been named the new face of American designer brand Calvin Klein's new perfume. The 28-year-old will reunite with David Fincher, who directed her in "The Social Network" and "The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo", to shoot a series of TV advertisements for the fashion house' upcoming female fragrance, Downtown. "I am very excited to be included in the group of amazing women ...
71.4°F Mostly Cloudy
The New Eve (La Nouvelle Eve)
Midway through "The New Eve" ("La Nouvelle Eve"), the film's protagonist, a willful, rebellious young Parisian named Camille (Karin Viard) tells a friend that she has fallen in love with a married man. When she asks him what he thinks, he replies, "Well, falling in love with a married man is like fighting for your own unhappiness. It's the best way of going nowhere." ...
U.S. President Barack Obama says he is focusing on ways to help the American middle class make economic gains, to bring them in line with the economic recovery of big business. Obama said in his weekly address Saturday that he has been visiting cities across the country that are doing "interesting and creative" things to "re-ignite the engine" of middle class economic growth and make sure ...
Four colossal fiberglass sculptures of human heads dominate the Enid A. Haupt Conservatory Courtyard. Their features are made of faux vegetation including fruit, bark, flowers and twigs. Each head depicts one of the four seasons. For example, the mosaic-like features of the Autumn work are a composite of nuts, gourds, figs and grapes. The 15-foot-high busts are the creation of contemporary ...
A Brit studying abroad across the pond might not sound that adventurous, but it's been an eye-opening year for me at the University of West Georgia in the much stereotyped US south. Here's the best and worst of what I learned about ...
. It's filled with vignettes and profiles of famous and ordinary American lives. He joins NPR's Rachel Martin to discuss the book's characters and how he first became aware of the unwinding ...
SPOKANE, Wash. — Authorities in hazardous materials suits searched a downtown Spokane apartment Saturday, investigating the recent discovery of a pair of letters containing the deadly poison ...
Reported in the press
Nothing will ever completely replace playing the game I love, however I feel like I'm starting a new adventure and I'm genuinely excited about what lies ahead. I'm fortunate to have been given many opportunities throughout my career and now I feel it's my time to give back.
The world's best known footballer was speaking after formally announcing his retirement.
Fairmont Hotel Vancouver, Canada
A grand traditional hotel, in the heart of downtown Vancouver. The hotel is one of three Fairmonts in this Canadian-gateway ...Keep reading
Record Your Vote
Do you take the threat of North Korea seriously?
St Louis StarSt Louis Star | Breaking St Louis News & General News
The St Louis Star is essentially a local St Louis newspaper, but with a national and international perspective, designed to provide readers with a one-stop shop for St Louis, national US, regional, and world news coverage, weather and sports information, with live updates on breaking business stories, and what's happening in the financial markets.
The biggest advantage we have is that we are an online newspaper, which means we are constantly refreshing our stories as more and more information comes to hand. Often when a story breaks the initial details are sketchy.
We and our sources around the world work hard to gather more information, verify facts, and provide a perspective of the major stories. Expert opinion often accompanies our articles to better inform readers, and provide a more complete understanding
of the news we deliver.
Financial markets and business reports are regular features as we pin down what's happening, and constantly refresh stock market indice readings, dollar currency rates, and breaking business news reports. Our world sports coverage is a priority, as is our regional news.
We like to think if you're looking for breaking news out of St Louis, Missouri, the United States, or the world, you'll look for it first at the St Louis Star.
University of Missouri researchers have found that simvastatin, a generic type of statin previously sold under the brand name "Zocor," hindered the positive effects of exercise for obese and overweight adults.
Statins, the most widely prescribed drugs worldwide, are often suggested to lower cholesterol and prevent heart disease in individuals with obesity, diabetes and metabolic syndrome, which is a combination of medical disorders including excess body fat and/or high levels of blood pressure, blood sugar and/or cholesterol.
"Daily physical activity is needed to maintain or improve fitness, and thus improve health outcomes. However, if patients start exercising and taking statins at the same time, it seems that statins block the ability of exercise to improve their fitness levels," said John Thyfault, an associate professor of nutrition and exercise physiology at MU.
Thyfault said that many cardiologists want to prescribe statins to all patients over a certain age regardless of whether they have metabolic syndrome; the drugs also are recommended for people with Type 2 diabetes. He recommends that cardiologists more closely weigh the benefits and risks of statins given this new data about their effect on exercise training. ...
- Sarah Michelle Gellar shares best parenting advice
- NY bar to host smallest penis contest
- Suspected U.S. drone attack in Yemen kills 4 Al Qaeda militants
- I want to shoot Hillary Clinton right in the vagina says radio host
- Rooney Mara to endorse Calvin Klein perfume
- Wall Street needs to pay its fair share
- China to issue 20 bln yuan in 50-year T-bonds
- Breaking the Bonds of Biological Parenthood
- The Bank of Israel will purchase foreign exchange in order to offset theeffect of natural gas production on the exchange rate
- The Winklevoss twins are Bitcoin bulls
- SUV crash survival more likely
- Famous New York artists bring huge prices
- If You Want To Be Successful Dont Spend Too Much Time Planning A Case Study
- In Pictures Aston Martin CC100 Speedster Concept
- Microsoft to launch new Xbox game console this week
- Autodesk to Acquire Tinkercad Easy-to-Use Web-Based 3D Design Software
- ET Software tycoon Ranadive entered US with just $50
- Chamber of Pharmacy commends government
- Patient and physician prescribing information a powerful aide in drug marketing
- Neupro reduces PLMS and total NSBP elevations in patients with RLS study finds
- Boehringer Ingelheim updates HCPs patients on COMBIVENT RESPIMAT Inhalation Spray
- FDA to review QRxPharmas resubmitted MOXDUO NDA in July 2013
- Cyrus Bieber to collaborate
- Cannes diary stars from the world of music add to the glamour quotient
- Denmark wins Eurovision on ABBA’s turf with folksy ballad
- Only music didnt make business sense for Channel V
- Summers music scene is sizzlin with the Dum Tak Alternative Arab Music Festival in the lineup
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Get the latest St Louis Star headlines delivered to your inbox.
- Choi leads LPGA event
- Alexander wins fight by TKO after seventh round
- Bernie Rotation losing arms but theres plenty in reserve
- Get your scrapbook out for a major happening at Bellerive
- Investors urge companies to disclose political spending