Australian Test batsman David Warner is expected to plead guilty during Cricket Australia hearing over his recent Twitter rant with two prominent journalists. Senior Code of Behaviour Commissioner, Justice Gordon Lewis, will hear the case via teleconference. According to news.com.au, Warner faces sanction ranging from a fine, suspension, reprimand or counseling after being reported under CA's ...
Former Alaska Governor Sarah Palin took to Facebook over the weekend to express her skepticism of global warming. Palin argued that global warming was not happening, pointing that it was snowing in Alaska in May. According to the Huffington Post, she wrote in a post on her Facebook page 'global warming my gluteus maximus'. In her Facebook argument, Palin confuses weather with climate, a ...
The 2013 Yellow Social Media Report has analyzed that a growing number of Australians are using social network at an addictive rate wherever they can, even in toilet cubicles! According to the study, three out of every five internet users are accessing these sites more than five times a day, making it a total of seven hours a day. In a report by News.com, the study found that the time spent by ...
Darius Rucker performs at the 45th annual Academy of Country Music Awards in Las Vegas, Nevada April 18, 2010. Darius Rucker has responded to a racist tweet, sparking backlash among some who are asking who he even bothered to bring more attention to the racist social media comment.Rucker, who is becoming increasingly recognized for his recent contributions to the country music genre, was sent a ...
Instantbird 1.4 has been released for Windows, Mac and Linux. The latest version of Instantbird, which provides a central location for accessing multiple IM accounts including AIM, Yahoo, Twitter, Facebook and Google Talk, strengthens its Twitter integration by updating to the Twitter API v1.1, a necessary step to ensure it's able to communicate with Twitter after June 11. Other Twitter ...
77.6°F Mostly Cloudy
Desperate Living [DVD]
By the time writer/director John Waters made Desperate Living in 1977, he was already a notorious midnight-movie cult celebrity, a genuine fringe iconoclastic auteur whose low-budget cinematic barbs skewered self-aggrandizing hippies as readily as it did fascist oppressors. His early movies, Pink Flamingos (1972) and Female Trouble (1974), had taken the midnight ... ...
CLEVELAND — Indians closer Chris Perez deactivated his Twitter account following two rough outings, and after receiving a slew of negative comments. Perez took down (at)chrisperez54 on Monday, not long after the two-time All-Star gave up a ninth-inning home run to Seattle's Endy Chavez. It was the second straight poor performance by Perez, who allowed back-to-back homers in the ninth ...
Sarah Groen and Kirk Coburn, co-founders of Surge Accelerator Surge, Houstons homegrown energy software accelerator, is expanding its network. On Tuesday, the day before Surge hosts Surge Day and event where the graduates of the accelerators second class pitch their businesses to investors Surge hosted another noteworthy event: Surge Rush. During Surge Rush, the accelerator and the Rice ...
Washington, May 21 (Prensa Latina) Saudi Shaker Aamer, one of 103 Guantanamo detainees currently on a hunger strike, launched a campaign in Internet hoping for the closure of the prison, opened against the Cuban authorities will. Aamer, who has been held in prison for 11 years, promoted the initiative through his lawyer Cori Crider, hoping to multiply the international pressure in the social ...
Lea Bessinger salvages a picture of Jesus as she and her son Josh Bessinger sort through the rubble of the elder Bessinger's tornado-ravaged home Tuesday, May 21, 2013, in Moore, Okla. A huge tornado roared through the Oklahoma City suburb Monday, flattening an entire neighborhoods and destroying an elementary school with a direct blow as children and teachers huddled against winds. (AP ...
Reported in the press
Nothing will ever completely replace playing the game I love, however I feel like I'm starting a new adventure and I'm genuinely excited about what lies ahead. I'm fortunate to have been given many opportunities throughout my career and now I feel it's my time to give back.
The world's best known footballer was speaking after formally announcing his retirement.
JW Marriott Ihilani Hotel Resort & Spa
This has to be one of the best hotel resorts in Hawaii. 387 luxurious guest rooms, each with it's own ...Keep reading
Record Your Vote
Do you take the threat of North Korea seriously?
St Louis StarSt Louis Star | Breaking St Louis News & General News
The St Louis Star is essentially a local St Louis newspaper, but with a national and international perspective, designed to provide readers with a one-stop shop for St Louis, national US, regional, and world news coverage, weather and sports information, with live updates on breaking business stories, and what's happening in the financial markets.
The biggest advantage we have is that we are an online newspaper, which means we are constantly refreshing our stories as more and more information comes to hand. Often when a story breaks the initial details are sketchy.
We and our sources around the world work hard to gather more information, verify facts, and provide a perspective of the major stories. Expert opinion often accompanies our articles to better inform readers, and provide a more complete understanding
of the news we deliver.
Financial markets and business reports are regular features as we pin down what's happening, and constantly refresh stock market indice readings, dollar currency rates, and breaking business news reports. Our world sports coverage is a priority, as is our regional news.
We like to think if you're looking for breaking news out of St Louis, Missouri, the United States, or the world, you'll look for it first at the St Louis Star.
As many as 50 people were injured after a car ploughed into a crowd of people participating in a parade in the US state of Virginia.
There was no fatality.
The incident occurred Saturday afternoon during the Hiker's Parade at the annual Trail Days festival in the Damascus town, near the border with Tennessee state, a US media report said.
Some of the victims were flown by helicopters to regional hospitals, while others received medical assistance at the accident site.
Damascus Police chief Bill Nunley said the car's driver could have suffered an unspecified medical problem while driving it.
Witnesses described the driver as an elderly man, but Nunley did not reveal the driver's name or age.
- Dozens killed as tornado hits Oklahoma
- US president lauds Thein Sein for Myanmar reforms but urges end to violence against Muslims
- Moscow safer than New York Russian minister
- Shocking lawsuit claims NY high schools admissions policy racially biased
- US charges three NYU researchers for taking bribes from Chinese company
- U.S. Army plans to launch a reality TV show
- Australia shares seen edging up on Wall St miners may cap gains
- Dow Jones industrial average posts 22nd high of the year
- Is Saks for sale
- Nasdaq Composite rises 6 pts to 3502
- Microsoft Unveils New Xbox One Game Console
- Competition transforming state’s gasoline industry
- El Centro Border Patrol agent dies in Hawaii
- Microsofts Mehdi Xbox One Can Do 4K Gaming More Original Content Coming
- The Xbox One Cannot Win Over A Living Room Full Of iPhones
- Microsoft Unveils New Xbox One Game Console
- Indian IT honcho Phaneesh Murthy sacked for undisclosed relationship
- VIDEO Junipers Bob Muglia - A Software Guy at a Hardware Vendor
- These Artists Are Mapping the Earth ... With Facial Recognition Software
- Ericsson Software Automates Wi-fi Vs. Cell Choice in Mixed Networks
- Pfizer discontinues NHL cancer drug development
- Actavis buying Warner Chilcott in $8.5bn deal
- French Drugmaker on Trial Suspected in Deaths
- Planning for CVS Pharmacy at Howe and Fair Oaks
- Lexington company run by UK pharmacy professor gets $3 million grant
- Justin Bieber booed at award function
- Kesha drops underwear at awards ceremony
- Ke$ha nearly flashes butt at Billboard awards
- Maarty Broekman wants to work with Alesha Dixon
- Kesha gives underwear a miss at awards night
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Get the latest St Louis Star headlines delivered to your inbox.
- Romo active on field while idled over cyst removal
- MICDS Lutheran South figure to be in mix for team trophy
- MSHSAA member schools approve wide spectrum of constitutional amendments
- U.S. stocks gain on reassurance from St. Louis Fed president
- Golf adopts rule to ban anchored putting stroke starting in 2016