Gebremedhen Gebremariam of Ethiopia (3:32.4), who boasts a 3:34.49 personal best. Collins Cheboi (3:32.43), Morroco's AbdalaatiIguider (3:33.29) and Bethwel Birgen (3:33.67) came in third, fourth and fifth respectively. Silas Kiplagat, the world silver medalist over the distance, came in distant sixth in 3:33.85 as former world junior 1,500m silver medalist James Magut (3:35.29) and ...
Thika United . Joel Obwoge scored the opening goal for Chemelil in the 25th minute, but they had to wait until the 70th minute to add the second through Stephen Ocholla. Jesse Were pulled one back for the brewers in the 90th minute, but it was too late to ensure his side pulled at least a draw in the match. In an earlier fixture at the same ...
Puntland was the first to congratulate Madobe and encouraged other communities in south-central Somalia "to establish States in a similar consultative and open process in order to compete the Federal Republic of ...
Somalia 's clan elders have created a new mini-state and elected a Kenyan ally as its leader, a move likely to anger Mogadishu and sour ties between the two neighbouring ...
KEMRI scientists based in Kilifi said that the infective stages targeted by such programmes have limited impact on the community. The Kenya National School-based Deworming programme was launched in 2009 and evaluation reports say it reached over 3.6 ...
82.1°F Mostly Cloudy
Ten years after the release of Michael Lehmann's stinging teen satire "Heathers" (1989) comes "Jawbreaker," an inferior retread of the same material that is more outrageous, but less clever, acted with less charisma, and lacking in the former's biting sense of black humor. The events that transpire in "Jawbreaker" squeak out a strained laugh here and there, but overall it smells of something tryin ... ...
Mick Jagger, left, and Keith Richards of the Rolling Stones perform on the kick-off of the band's "50 and Counting" tour at the Staples Center on Friday, May 3, 2013 in Los Angeles. (Photo by Chris ...
MOSCOW May 18 (Itar-Tass) - Minister of Sport Vitaly Mutko said he was hopeful that the International Olympic Committee (IOC) will restore wrestling in the Olympic ...
NHS Direct health advice service referred an extra 120,000 patients to accident and emergency departments in the past year, compared with the final 12 months of the Labour government.The increase in the number of calls to the 0845 service that were considered to require "urgent or emergency" assistance came as staffing levels dropped significantly. More than 1,200 fewer people worked ...
beamed into first place Friday, pushing Tony Stark and his Iron Man suit into the No. 2 spot. The highly-anticipated sci-fi sequel, which opened wide on Wednesday, made an estimated $22.0 million on Friday in 3,868 locations, including 336 IMAX 3D locations, bringing its domestic total to $35.5 million. This was somewhat shy of expectations: The ...
AFC Leopards finally found their winning ways, ending a five-game dry spell in a virtuoso display that silenced soldiers Ulinzi FC in a Kenya Premier League (KPL) match at Mumias Sports ...
Reported in the press
He is the most evil, vile, demonic criminal. He is dead to me. There will be no visits, there will be no phone calls. He can never be Daddy again. I have no sympathy for the man.
Gregg was speaking about her father Ariel Castro who allegedly kidnapped, raped and held captive for a decade, three young women in Cleveland, Ohio.
Fairmont Hotel Vancouver, Canada
A grand traditional hotel, in the heart of downtown Vancouver. The hotel is one of three Fairmonts in this Canadian-gateway ...Keep reading
Record Your Vote
Former Egyptian President Hosni Mubarak, who is 84, is being retried in Cairo. Do you believe this is a good thing?
St Louis StarSt Louis Star | Breaking St Louis News & General News
The St Louis Star is essentially a local St Louis newspaper, but with a national and international perspective, designed to provide readers with a one-stop shop for St Louis, national US, regional, and world news coverage, weather and sports information, with live updates on breaking business stories, and what's happening in the financial markets.
The biggest advantage we have is that we are an online newspaper, which means we are constantly refreshing our stories as more and more information comes to hand. Often when a story breaks the initial details are sketchy.
We and our sources around the world work hard to gather more information, verify facts, and provide a perspective of the major stories. Expert opinion often accompanies our articles to better inform readers, and provide a more complete understanding
of the news we deliver.
Financial markets and business reports are regular features as we pin down what's happening, and constantly refresh stock market indice readings, dollar currency rates, and breaking business news reports. Our world sports coverage is a priority, as is our regional news.
We like to think if you're looking for breaking news out of St Louis, Missouri, the United States, or the world, you'll look for it first at the St Louis Star.
University of Missouri researchers have found that simvastatin, a generic type of statin previously sold under the brand name "Zocor," hindered the positive effects of exercise for obese and overweight adults.
Statins, the most widely prescribed drugs worldwide, are often suggested to lower cholesterol and prevent heart disease in individuals with obesity, diabetes and metabolic syndrome, which is a combination of medical disorders including excess body fat and/or high levels of blood pressure, blood sugar and/or cholesterol.
"Daily physical activity is needed to maintain or improve fitness, and thus improve health outcomes. However, if patients start exercising and taking statins at the same time, it seems that statins block the ability of exercise to improve their fitness levels," said John Thyfault, an associate professor of nutrition and exercise physiology at MU.
Thyfault said that many cardiologists want to prescribe statins to all patients over a certain age regardless of whether they have metabolic syndrome; the drugs also are recommended for people with Type 2 diabetes. He recommends that cardiologists more closely weigh the benefits and risks of statins given this new data about their effect on exercise training. ...
- Multi-million dollar cigarette smuggling ring with terror links busted
- US president calls for more embassy security funding
- Dzhokhar Tsarnaev scribbled note in boat as munhunt was on
- Mariah Careys rep slams American Idol lip-synching rumors
- US First Lady laments culture of African Americans aspiring to be baller or rapper
- Dow S and P set record highs log 4-week winning streak
- Fitch Affirms Golden Spread Electric Coop Bonds at A Outlook Stable
- Hey techies BarCamp Orlando is underway at Wall Street Plaza
- Making It Big On Wall Street
- Facebooks first year on Wall Street
- SUV crash survival more likely
- Famous New York artists bring huge prices
- Microsoft warns about rise in computer viruses worldwide
- How to Hire Great Employees
- Why CSR The Benefits Of Corporate Social Responsibility Will Move You To Act
- ET Software tycoon Ranadive entered US with just $50
- Elena Ambrosiadou wins legal battle with ex-husband Martin Coward over software They might be rich – but judge
- Nintendos software problem for the Wii U just went from bad to worse
- Deal reached for Sacramento Kings sale
- Airbus Boeing will battle for PR at Paris Air Show
- Patient and physician prescribing information a powerful aide in drug marketing
- Neupro reduces PLMS and total NSBP elevations in patients with RLS study finds
- Boehringer Ingelheim updates HCPs patients on COMBIVENT RESPIMAT Inhalation Spray
- FDA to review QRxPharmas resubmitted MOXDUO NDA in July 2013
- Thioridazine works by weakening staphylococcal cell wall new study reveals
- Beyonce fears daughter will hate her voice
- Test songs on children says Halliwell
- Bonnie Belts out British entry
- Sue McLean preeminent Twin Cities concert promoter dies at 63
- When Bobby Ross saw the Rolling Stones and other San Diego sports hits
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Get the latest St Louis Star headlines delivered to your inbox.
- Garcia goes on DL with shoulder strain
- Bruins connect with Army Rangers in playoff push
- Layaway your way to a dream vacation
- Fire at Webster Groves High School quickly put out
- McDowell beats Colsaerts at World Match Play